Thursday, 20 November 2014

Did Humans come from Earth?

Image Source: Flickr (Cheryl) CC by-SA 2.0
We are taught from the beginning of our school lives about biology and evolution. Scientists believe that life originated on Earth from simple living organisms ‘bacteria’. With passing ticks of time, you start imagining different ways life could have originated on Earth. Let me rewind the time to a few years when I came up with an idea of how life could have originated on Earth. Sure I neglected the evolutionary theory while I kept thinking about making my theory more and more realistic. Anyway, here’s what I concluded: humans are not from Earth, they were put here by some alien species.
Now let me state here that last year, Dr Ellis Silverpublished a book named, “Humans are not from Earth: a scientific evaluation ofthe evidence”. My theory is much similar to his. According to him, the back pains, sunburns, labor pain etc all are proof that humans didn’t originate from Earth.
·         Bad backs are because of the reason that humans actually came from a planet with gravity much weaker than that of Earth’s.
·         Sunburns prove that humans’ skins aren’t suited for Earth’s sun and can’t sunbath for more than a week or two like other native organisms e.g. lizards.
·         Labor Pains due to the big size of baby’s head is abnormal when juxtaposed with every other animal on Earth. This proves that humans didn’t share evolution with native animals of Earth.
·         Less liking for natural food is more prevalent in humans than in any other animal of the Earth.
The aforementioned reasons were given by the Phd Dr. Ellis Silver. I agree to them alright. I just don’t agree with the reason for labor pains. And Dr. Ellis also claimed that Earth maybe a prison planet to make humans behave themselves because they’re naturally violent. But I don’t agree with that too.
Anyway, my reasons for believing in this theory were different. I used a little bit of theology too to get to my point. I’ll list my reasons below:
·         Humans haven’t been given natural defences or anything that might help them in surviving here like other animals. For instance, we don’t have claws, we can’t digest plants and our teeth are not strong enough for tearing uncooked meat. We actually use our brains to change the natural nutrients into something which is eatable.
·         We have to rely on artificial things for survival. Air conditioner in summer, heater and blankets in winter.
·         If you come to think of it, maybe we unconsciously try to imitate the conditions of our original planet as much as possible.
Let’s stop here and think for a second how our original planet must be like. Using my little knowledge of theology and religion, I used the example of Adam and Eve. Imagine they weren't actually two individual humans but a complete group of humans, namely males and females. Imagine that paradise was actually our original planet from where we came. Now imagine what paradise must be like: abundant tasty food, moderate weather, no fear of dying, and no instinct of survival, no pain, no worry etc. That’s just a few things to start with.
What I concluded was that the human has been trying to artificially create the conditions of paradise on Earth. He hungers for more even if he has more than enough. He demands security. He tries as much as he can to enjoy his life rather than working hard as the Earth demands.

This is just a theory and I don’t think it can challenge whole decades of research on evolution. But still, it’s a good debate topic. What are your views?  

No comments:

Post a Comment